Thursday, November 01, 2012

Here I Am, Send Me!


When I was invited by our Hungarian director to join a retreat that was held in September for the trainers and volunteers of ReMa (EGM Hungary), I instantly responded by saying: “These wonderful servants of God deserve to be served and properly celebrated”, I said to myself, “So I’ll go there to serve them!”

We drove 2000 Km to Gyula, with a stop in Budapest, to attend the ministry’s board meeting. I didn’t know what to expect. I was asked to share a Bible message and to speak about everyone’s recent efforts to see a fully national Hungarian ministry funded and led by people from this country.

Then, our time of fellowship followed. I was truly impressed by each one of these people. They love God, their churches, they love children and they loved us too! We felt so welcomed and well received! We worshiped like never before. We witnessed the joy and the passion on their faces while they presented last year’s accomplishments. And we realized that behind every report, picture and tear, there was much invested and much sacrifice. Everyone was so excited about the future during the brainstorming session!
At the end, I was humbled by God. “We came here to serve”, I thought to myself, “and not to be served. We came here to encourage and not to be encouraged. We came here to bless and not to be blessed. But this is exactly what happened to us”. 

We were honored to see God working through this wonderful team and we realized, once again, that there is hope for the millions of children from Hungary.

It was almost as if we heard the voice of the Lord saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" (Isaiah 6:8). And our response was:
"Here I am. Send me!"         

-Marian Zaharia   







To Donate to EGM-Hungary visit http://www.egmworld.org/donate
To Learn More about EGM-Hungary visit http://www.egmworld.org/where-we-work/5/hungary

No comments:

Post a Comment